Saturday, August 27, 2016

Sketch Card Saturdays Vol. 1: A HUGE Twitter Win

Exactly what it says on the tin.  If I post nothing else any given week, I'm going to at least try to post up a sketch card every weekend.  It shouldn't be too difficult (though I do have a way of making simple things needlessly complex) to queue up quite a few posts in advance.  I already have enough sketch cards right now that I could post every Saturday without fail and get almost an entire five year mission out of it.  What can I say?  I LOVE sketch cards, yo.
Doctor Light II Die-Cut Sketch Card by Melike Acar..
With that all said, we'll start it off the very best sketch card in my entire collection, and one of the newest.  This die-cut (the outline resembles the Hall of Justice) beauty is by perhaps the single most talented artist in the entire history of the comic book business, Turkish artist Melike Acar (who I am fortunate to be able to call a good internet friend and also quite a beauty in her own right).

I won this card (I'd never be able to afford it myself) in a Twitter retweet and follow giveaway by Cryptozoic Licensed Product Developer and Master of Internet Ceremonies George Nadeau.  He does giveaways like this for various upcoming, and recently released, products all the time.  So give him a follow and check out all the cool new card sets in the Cryptozoic pipeline, and maybe win something cool yourself.  Best of luck to you, and thank you again to George for pulling my name out of the hat.
The back. Signature of the best artist in the world..
A sketch card by Melike has long been one of THE White Whales for my collection, and I definitely shed a few tears when I found out I won this.  I still get goosebumps when I look at it.  Amusingly (well, not so much at the time), Twitter had locked down my account, for reasons I still don't understand, a day or so before I ended up winning the card.  Melike messaged me on Facebook about it, prompting me to frantically figure out how to get back into my main Twitter account.  Otherwise I wouldn't have known so soon and may have even ended up missing out on the prize.

That's all for this post.  Most future Sketch Card Saturdays probably won't be as wordy as this one.  The debut subject just happened to be extra special and had an interesting little story attached to it as well.  Heck, I mentioned a few posts ago that I'm so bad with signatures that I don't even know who drew an annoyingly large number of the cards I own.  Again, I digress...

Thanks for stopping by!
Until our next...

No comments:

Post a Comment