Thursday, August 23, 2018

My Unofficial Goodwin Champions Collection Vol. 2: Red vs. Blue

2016 Royal Red Aly Raisman & Stefanie Johnson..
The second part of my unofficial Goodwin Champions PC series is all about the parallels.  There isn't much extra going on with the base set, but 2016 & 2017 featured photo variations, shortprinted black & white high numbers, and the red and blue parallels I'm here to give you the good word on today.  So strap in because, the formatting is about to get hella wonky! ðŸ˜†
Royal Blue Xue Chen, Carla Esparza, & Wu Minxia..
Told ya!  There wasn't much rhyme or reason to the direction of how I scanned things, and there won't be much rhyme or reason to where they go in this post.
Paige Selenski horizontal...
...and vertical!
Because of my editorial laziness, I don't even have enough blues to switch the colors on & off.  Oh well...
Royal Blue Quincy Davis B&W & color, and Eugenie Bouchard..
I do like the blues a lot more than the reds though.  The reds are actually kind of painful to look at, while the blues are much more welcoming, despite still being a fairly bright shade.  Also, Eugenie is in Allen & Ginter this year, after being in Goodwin Champions in 2017.  Topps got scooped!
Royal Red Kaylyn Kyle & Melissa Baker..
But why are they all women, you seem to be asking.  And to that I would answer, why not?
Vertical Aly & Melissa..
Most of these ladies are world class women of sport, but Melissa Baker is a model.  Thus is the mystery and wonder of Goodwin Champions.
CLB..
You can find all manner of athletes, celebrities, historical figures, politicians, random animals... It's one of those sets, and I am grateful for its delightfully strange and borderline incoherent existence.
2016 Royal Red Haley Anderson..
I hope to have a supplemental installment of a page worth of the aforementioned random animals to show you somewhere on down the line.  Athletic beauties and exotic animals are pretty much all anyone need in life, tbh.
2017 Royal Blue Felice Herrig..
One last blue to close it out, and that does it for episode two of my Goodwin Champions collections series.  Thanks for stopping by!

Until our next...

3 comments:

  1. Not much for Goodwin Champions but I love these red and blues. In fact I have a couple on order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know that Goodwin had parallels, although it's not surprising since every set now has parallels. And I can definitely see why you picked up some of these cards :)

    ReplyDelete