Saturday, August 4, 2018

A New Raven Appears!

So this is super cool.  I am very poor, so it's rare and usually only when I'm getting something in return, but I do like to donate to good people & good causes on occasion when I have the money at the beginning of months.  So for a little donation to her ACLU fundraiser, I was able to commission a painting by an actual celebrity.
Raven!!
You may not know the name, but Bridget McManus is an actress/comedian/writer/producer/director/all-around talent, and she can also kinda paint a little bit.  So yeah, this is rad.  I think this is only the second Raven addition I've had the chance to add all year.  It's 8x11" and I freakin' love it!


There was also this little note paperclipped to the painting.  This is cool because after... noting *ahem* how many people keep the notes that frequently come in packages, I realized I was a total dummy for not doing so myself.  So starting with July's arrivals, they will be safely filed away in a box when I get them.

I guess that about wraps it up for today.  It was a pretty short post, but a mighty fun one!  As ever, thanks for stopping by.  Here's the sign-off, which I finally get to use on a post it's relevant to for once.

Until our next...

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful painting! This definitely one of the better pieces of artwork to feature Raven that I have ever seen. Did everyone who donated get a piece of art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, pretty quick turnaround on mine for how many folks had already donated by that point too. I think it was around 17 or 18 days from sending her reference pics to having the painting in my hands.

      Delete