Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Free Group Break Haul

Near the end of July, Colbey of Cardboard Collections fame held a free group break on Twitter/Periscope of a couple retail jumbo boxes of 2016 Donruss Optic baseball.  Of course, being that late in the month, I was too broke for even a free break (it was just $4 to cover shipping).  But, he let me pay up in August, and I ended up being able to get a team.  That team was the White Sox.  They barely exist within the set, with five base cards total and no rookies, but I still somehow managed to do pretty well.  So let's have us a look, shall we?
Blue Holo/Prizm/Refractor/what-the-heck-ever...
One auto was pulled from the two boxes, but the sox that player wore were the wrong color.  I did manage to hit one of the dozen-ish numbered parallels that came out of the break though.
 ...#'ed 134/149!
I'm pretty happy with that.  I have a few versions of Sale's Diamond King now, the rarest being the Carolina Blue /50.
HoloPrizmFractors..
I also pulled the basic shiny version of Abreu & Sale's base cards for the PC...
Purple people eaters..
...as well as a trio of purples!  Eaton and Frazier will definitely be available for trade, but I might hang onto this version of Sale's Diamond King too.  Maybe I'll eventually stumble my way into a rainbow or something.
Base..
So six out of my 13 cards were parallels, but I was also still able to complete the base team set, such as it was.
Couple more Abreus..
There were two base Abreus, which is nice. And we'll end the post like we started it...
Base Diamond Kings..
...with more Chris Sale Diamond Kings!  I just noticed as I was posting this that the one on the right much brighter & sharper.  I checked because I thought it might be a scanner quirk or that I missed a parallel or something, but it looks like that in real life too and doesn't have a refractory shine to it or anything. They're both just pretty freshly pack-pulled base cards and one has super vibrant colors and the just... doesn't.  Even the above parallels don't look that bright.  Yet another cardboard oddity...

So that about wraps up this post.  Thanks again to Colbey for holding the group and allowing me a little extra time to pay for the shipping.  Watching was a nice way to kill an hour on a lazy Saturday night, and doing well in it was a nice added bonus.  As ever, thank you for stopping by!

Until our next...

1 comment:

  1. Gotta appreciate some shiny. Especially free shiny :)

    ReplyDelete