Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sailor Rogue by Bun Leung

Back in October, a post by Raz inspired me to check out, and ultimately pick up two awesome pieces of art by Bun Leung.  There are a few more I hope to pick up at some point in the next couple months, but this is what I had the money for then.
AoA Rogue..
First up, we have the first larger Rogue piece in my collection.  It is, per the item description, roughly 8.5x9" and features her in her Age of Apocalypse costume.  I think that line going through it was caused by me.  It fell a couple times before I was able to find a place to safely tuck these additions away.  Anyway, I love the dynamic, cartoony art style, and I'm thrilled to call it my own.
She is the one..
Now, I've never really been that much of a Sailor Moon fan, and if I were to collect anyone from the series, it would be Sailor Mercury, but this has to be just about the absolute most magnificent rendition of the character I think I've ever seen.  For such a low price, I absolutely couldn't pass it up.

Another reason I went with it is that ever since I realized how affordable original art could be, I've kinda wanted to put together a lil collection of original anime art, and I just don't see a whole lot of it out there for sale.  Perhaps paying more attention to places like Etsy (shop of my own still coming soon!) and StoreEnvy & the like will help me find what I seek.

Anyway, guess that's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by!

Oh, and btw, don't call this a comeback.  The urge to blog has been rising for awhile now, and I expect I may be able to to squeeze 10-12 new posts out of it, but this is me we're talking about, and things are going to end up going like they always do.  I'll reel off what I can, but nothing has really changed.  I don't have the focus or the energy to hang around real long.  So... Enjoy this while it lasts, because who knows when, or if, I'll be back once I run out of steam again.

Until our next...

2 comments: